Sunday, December 13, 2009

Carrot-Parsnip Latkes

so, in honor of the Festival of Lights, we made this recipe on Friday, December 11th.



Zoe & Zane peeling veggies.

Veggies all ready to be grated.


Zoe grating carrots.


Zane grating parsnips.

Here's what it looked like all mixed up & ready for frying.
I grated the onion & prepped all the other ingredients.


Jon helped a lot with the frying part.
This is a stack of them keeping warm in the oven.
I think this is the first time we've ever made latkes.  It was a fun way to get the kids involved in the process.  We did use whole eggs instead of just the whites though--what was I going to do with random yolks hanging around?  I loved how it was a team effort!

1 comment:

  1. There are quite a few recipes for pudding (made from scratch) that require just egg yolks. Never actually tried making it-but one time when I made an angel food cake and had a ton of just egg yolks I researched it out...

    ReplyDelete

  • Baked Bean Medley - Received this recipe from Don's mom this past year. She won first place at a ward chili cook-off using this recipe many years ago when Don was growing up....
    8 years ago